Thursday 30 November 2017

Sufism is mytical dimension of Islam. Like any mystical dimension is hard to describe and can raise confusion or suspicion. Hence, rather than giving own definitions, we look at the core of Sufism beliefs in quotes of the most revered and influential Sufi master, Hazrat Jalaludin Mevlana Rumi, see http://ift.tt/2jzrvQI. **1. True Sufi goes beyond knowledge of books.** *The Man of God is drunk without wine.* *The Man of God is sated without meat.* *The Man of God is not of fire and water.* *The Man of God is a sea without a shore* *The Man of God is beyond faith and disbelief alike* *The Man of God is beyond merit and sin* **2. Sufis on Visible World** The world is frozen [jamood] in its nature. Wait till the rising of the sun of resurrection. Only then we would be able to see the movement of the World’s body. **3. Sufi on Worship** Mankind passes through three stages. First he worships anything: man, woman, money, children, earth and stones. Then, when he has progressed a little further, he worships God. Finally, he does not say: “I worship God; nor I do not worship God. He has passed from the first two stages into the last. **** **4. Sufi on discovering God** Cross and Christians, end to end, I examined. He was not on the Cross. I went to the Hindu Temple, to the ancient pagoda. In none of them there was any sign. To the heights of Herat I went and to Kandhar, I looked. He was not on the elevation not on the low lands. Resolutely I went to summit of the fabulous mountain of Ka’af. There was only the dwelling of the Anqa bird.I went to Kaaba at Mecca. He was not there. I asked him from Avicenna the philosopher. He was beyond the range of Avicenna, I looked into my own heart. In that place I saw him. He was in no other place. **** **8. On discovering Self (Khudi)** *Whenever the secrets of perception are taught to anyone* *His lips are sewn against speaking of the consciousness.* ** http://ift.tt/2i6QJWB


via TheSufi.com http://ift.tt/2jyCUjL

No comments: