Monday 31 July 2017

Anecdotes of Ahmad-e Khazruya A thief broke into Ahmad-e Khazruya’s house. He searched everywhere but could not find anything. He was about to leave disappointed when Ahmad called out to him. “Young fellow, take the bucket and draw water from the well and purify yourself, then attend to your prayers. When something comes I will give it to you, so that you shall not leave my house empty-handed.” The youth did as Ahmad bade him. When daylight returned, a gentleman brought a hundred dinars and gave them to the Shaikh. “Take this as a reward for your night of prayer,” he said to the thief. The thief suddenly trembled all over. He burst into tears. “I had mistaken the road,” he cried. “I worked for God just one night, and He has favoured me so.” Repenting, he returned to God. He refused to take the gold, and became one of Ahmad’s disciples.......


via TheSufi.com http://ift.tt/2vfApdK

No comments: