Monday 25 July 2016

Baba Nizamuddin Aulia R.A Love for Khusroo R.A About his love for Amir Khusro, Hazrat Nizamuddin used to say: "If Shariat permitted, I would have preferred to rest with Khusro in one and the same grave." So great was the attachment of the Pir to his mureed, he expressed in a Persian verse: “ If they put a saw upon my head and asked me to give up Khusro, I would prefer to give my head rather than to leave Khusro. ” When Hazrat Amir Khusro was not in Delhi, Hazrat Nizamuddin Auliya would write to him. Such letters expressive of the Sufi master's affection and love for his favourite disciple, who was addressed therein as Turkullah (God's Turk), were preserved by Hazrat Amir Khusro with great care. In accordance with the will of Hazrat Amir Khusro, the letters are said to have been buried along with him after his death. When Hazrat Amir Khusro attached himself to Hazrat Nizamuddin Auliya, he renounced whatever he possessed of worldly things. The master was so deeply attached to his mureed that he often prayed "O God, forgive me for the sake of the fire of love burning in the heart of this Turk."


via TheSufi.com http://ift.tt/2adyv3t

No comments: