Tuesday 29 December 2020

Sufi Story of Amir Khusrou R.A and Bu Ali Qalandar R.A. One day Amir Khisroe requestedhis shaikh’s permission to visit Hazrat Bu Ali Qalandar in Panipat ashe intended to proceed to that town. Hazrat Nizamuddin Auliyagranted the permission. During his visit, Amir Khisroe was asked torecite his poetry. He recited a couplet: The whole city is full of handsome youths, but I am absorbed in my own Beloved; What can I do, my obstinate eyes refuse to look at any other beloved. This was well appreciated by Hazrat Qalandar who then recited someof his own poetry. After that he concentrated on him spiritually butAmir Khusroo could not bear the intensity of his concentration. Hewas about to swoon away when he felt a hand on his back and heregained his balance. On return to Delhi, he related what had happened, to which Hazrat Mahbub e Ilahi replied, “That hand wasmine. I have kept with me what you received there and I shall makeit over to you at a suitable time.” Hazrat then told us, “There wasonce a pupil of Hazrat Bu Ali called Mubariz Khan who was alsotreated as Amir Khusroo was treated, but he could not sustain theattention and died as a result. After that it became customary foranyone visiting the mazar of Hazrat Qalandar first to visit the mazarof Mubariz Khan. That is now also the practice for visiting the mazar of Hazrat Mahbub e Ilahi; but one has to visit the mazar of Hazrat AmirKhusroo first. Hazrat Mahbub e Ilahi used to say, “When God asks mewhat I had brought for Him, I should be able to say that I had, forHim, the ‘throbbings of Amir Khusroo’s heart’; thus the secret is thatby a prior visit to Amir Khusroo’s mazar one gains the heart’sthrobbing to enable him to receive full faizan (beneficence) fromHazrat Mahbub e Ilahi.... ***For more about Sufism click our website link: www.thesufi.com


via TheSufi.com https://ift.tt/3aSNu1d

No comments: