Wednesday 21 November 2018

Background of Qaseeda Burd Shareef [Ode of the Blanket] Al-Busiri narrate: "I had composed a number of Naat poems for the Prophet, SAW that was suggested to me by my friend Zayn al-Din Yaqoob al-Zubayr. Some time after that, I was stricken by stroke, an illness that paralyzed half of my body. I thought that I would compose this poem, and so I made supplications to the Prophet Muhammad SAW and salute Him with peace, to intercede for me and (ask God to) cure me. I repeatedly sang the poem, wept, prayed, and asked for intercession. Then I slept and in my dream, I saw the Prophet SAW. Prophet wiped my face with His blessed hands and covered me in His Mantle (Burdah). Then I woke up and found I was able to walk; so I got up and left my house. I had told no one about what had happened. I encountered a Sufi on my way and he said to me: "I want you to give me the poem in which you praise the Prophet, Allah bless Him and salute Him with peace." I said: "Which one?" So he said: "The one that you composed during your sickness." Then he recited the first verse and said: "I swear by God that I heard it in a dream last night being sung in the presence of the Prophet Muhammad, Allah bless Him and salute Him with peace. I saw the Prophet, Allah bless Him and salute Him with peace, was pleased with it and covered the person who sang it with His Mantle." So I recited the poem to him and he memorized it and related his vision to others." [From Wikipedia] Download Qisa Burd Shareef [PTV Ramzan Recording] at https://ift.tt/2zhwYo0


via TheSufi.com https://ift.tt/2OTDVRe

No comments: